uploading photo's to the internet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Aug 30, 2004.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

I wanna make an online album but my .mac subscription ran out, what can I use? I tried shutterfly but it only lets u do 10 files at a time, I have 500 any ideas to upload quickly?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Your ISP doesn't give you a web allowance? Most do.

3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

what do u mean? I'm at a college, so I dunno I dont wanna make my own website if thats what your thinking

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Didn't know you were at school. Most home users have an ISP which usually has build-your-own-photo-web-site type software.

5. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

You will need some web hosting. I'm not sure if you want to pay for it. If you want nice iPhoto layout and integration you are stuck with .mac, but, if you want to do some of the work yourself then just get some free or really cheap hosting. ftp is probably your best bet for easy uploading tons of photos so look for hostng that offers that feature.

Hope that helps

6. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I use a free web hosting service and use the automated task thing in Photoshop to create a nice gallery. I'd post a link as an example but I'm just about out of bandwidth for the month.

7. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Actually a lot of schools give students space to host a personal web page. You should find out if your college offers you something you could use for your photos.