UPS didn't deliver properly

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EvanLugh, Apr 18, 2008.

1. macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

-I've been waiting just over a week for a replacement iPod Touch (anxiously as I never had chance to use it in the first place)

-I heard a knock and pretty much ran upstairs (3 storey house) and there was a leaflet already on the floor. I was like :confused:

-Saw the van go past, he looked at me but didn't stop - I swore.

-The time on the card says he delivered it at 8:30am which he didn't, it was approx. 8:10am..

Is there anything I can do to get it delivered today? I'm going away on Monday and don't really trust my neighbours.

Thanks

:(

2. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Try and get a decent delivery company to deliver it or try and arange with UPS to pick it up.

3. macrumors member

Chunk72

You can collect from the local UPS depot after 5pm (or maybe 5.30pm).

I did this the day Leopard came out because I didn't want to lose a weekend before installing. Sad I know...

Just call the number on the card and arrange to collect.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Okay, took both of your advice - Thanks. I've got to go tonight 6pm - 7:30 and is about 30 miles away :(

The £70 i saved is slowly going.. :p

Thanks guys, I would've done nothing.

EDIT: PFM: It's Apples' choice :)

5. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Call UPS and basically complain about the poor service and state the issue.

I have found with all the companies there are some lazy drivers who just do not want to do their job correctly. The UPS driver that comes by my apartment complex will not bother going to the apartments themselves but only straight to the main office. They are supposed to go to the respective apartments first and check, then leave a note. Honestly I would be happy if they just left a note.

6. macrumors 68040

O/T When TNT delivered my macbook, I couldn't find the key for the door, so I jumped out the Window :D True story

7. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Ha! Cool! :D

Its iJamesBond! :D

8. macrumors 6502a

I had this same issue with UPS. I stayed home from work one day waiting on the new protein skimmer for my fish tank. I kept checking UPS's website - and it said the package was with the courier.

The site magically updated while I was sitting on the couch in the living room, saying that I was unavailable. I jumped up and over to the door to see if I had indeed missed it. No slip, not even any tracks in the snow. Busted!

Unfortunately for him, I'm quite a mouthy little fart (to put it politely). I called up the dispatch and complained. My shipping was refunded, but the package still wasn't delivered until the next day.

I really can't stand UPS. They are terrible here. One night, the UPS man knocked on my door after 7:00. I was already undressed, so I answered the door in my boxers. Haha. At least I got the package... but still - it's a bit ridiculous.

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I'm still bummed by the fact Ive got to go and collect it. I'm sure they're not supposed to deliver before 9am. The woman on the phone was helpful, she faxed me through a map and gave me details for the manager so I could complain if I wanted to, and I didn't even say anything of the sort.
    In future i'm going to use Royal Mail instead of UPS (for other things). I've just checked the UPS website and it says I was unavailable at 9:31 now - .. what the?

I know it sounds petty, but it's such a poor service.

10. macrumors member

You get stuff that early? UPS rarely comes before 6PM here! :mad: