UPS really really sucks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andiwm2003, Jun 14, 2006.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i think out of the last 20 parcels ups didn't deliver a single one on time. why do i pay for second day air if they are late anyway?

and their watertown, ma, usa facility just sucks even more. they are unresponsive, slow and unreliable.

is there any way to get at least the ~$20 back that "second day air" delivery costs more? after all they didn't deliver. do i contact UPS or the seller (an internet warehouse)?

i really hope some copetitors enter the market and drive UPS into bankrupty:mad:

sorry for the rant but i had to vent or explode. i chose to vent........

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have never used second day air or special things like that because i know that UPS and Fedex never really deliver things on time, ever

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Call whoever you ordered it from and tell them that it was not delivered on time. They should refund you the money - it's their job as the shipper to recoup their costs.

4. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

The day UPS goes out of business is the day Starbucks, Microsoft, Sony, Canon......McDonalds...(you get the point), go out of business.

UPS has never been an issue with me. Its FedEx I hate. Actually they were suppose to deliever a package today and I didn't get it.

5. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

I think I've had better times with FedEx because they seem to be faster. I never pay extra for faster shipping though.

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've never had a problem with them. The only time I paid for expidited shipping was recently to my MacBook Ram that I bought. I chose next day, and got it the day after it was shipped. :D

7. Timepass macrumors 65816

seems like shipper like UPS are all hit or miss depending on your location. UPS in my home town has aways been great but then again it a major city with some heavy end compition so they have to be top shape. UPS does bad on it shipping in the houston area they lose a ton of bussiness since DHL USPS fedex and UPS all are heavy there.

I noticed a lot of the quility of UPS and Fedex depends on how much compition there is to ship packages out of the area. If out going is high the ones being delivier seem to be much high quility as well.

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    guess i'm lucky out here in Woodstock. packages that are Ground (both UPS and FedEx) usually get here in 3 days, sometimes two, i've even had two day air packages get to me the next day before.

when i lived in the city (NYC) i'd have more trouble, things getting lost, boxes beaten up etc.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Honestly, I prefer going USPS over either (and not just because I work for them), but the Priority Mail is 2-3 days, and it is ALWAYS on time for me. Plus, I like having the actual package either in my parcel box, or waiting safely for me at the Post Office. UPS always just leaves the package by my door, and in the case of expensive computer equipment, that doesn't fly with me.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Priority Mail is not 2-3 days guaranteed though. I believe UPS and FedEx are, and with enough bitching, you can probably get some sort of compensation on time.

11. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    True. Priority mail just means it gets on the plane first, off the plane first etc. and is less likely to be sorted after the truck goes out.

For more money the USPS offers Express Mail which is a 2 day guarantee.

I have had FedEx screw up a delivery. I paid extra for saturday next day delivery to Harrisburg (2 hours drive away) It wound up going out 3 day delivery and the signatures got there to late to get my candidates name on the ballot, so I caught bronchitis and took 2 days off work to gather the signatures for nothing. They did refund most of it after several nastygrams.

I have had packages left, not left with just about everyone. FedEx also had me chasing all over Pittsburgh for package with my tickets to fly out the next day...

12. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

scratch my first post. 10 minutes are i posted that the FedEx guy arrived right before I was about to leave.

+10 points for FedEx.

13. iGav macrumors G3

Seeing as you hate UPS so much at the moment, could you please do me a favour... if the next delivery driver looks to be a 42-44 chest, could you steal his shirt for me? I'll pay postage.

14. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i've never had any problems with UPS or Fedex, i've always gotten my packages on time, or as the case with Fedex, i got pick it up at the distro center after 6:30.

I should mention that im an ex-UPS employee, but that really doesn't make much diff in getting packages.

15. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

well good thing that apple uses FedEx....if they used UPS...i would not order my macs online.

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you're so punk rock man

fedex doesn't leave stuff at my door, which is good or bad, depending on what it is... and i find that fedex is on time or faster than expected, usually. ups always leaves things, again, good or bad. though i don't think leaving a panasonic 5k+ camera in its original box at a house on a busy street is good. same goes for apple gear.

i just ordered some ram though, and with its size and such, i want it shipped ups so they'll just leave it, rather than have me get the doortag, and find a way to get it from the warehouse the next day.

17. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Just be aware that a lot or priority mail is shipped on commercial airplanes and that the baggage handlers who load the mail don't think twice about throwing it. If you're shipping something breakable, I'd recommend UPS or fedex because you at least have a chance of having your box carefully loaded into a container when it is shipped.

18. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i now a guy that works for ups and he has claimed that when employees get po'd for one reason or another they treat packages like footballs.....

i have heard horror stories about employees kicking, throwing, punching boxes all the time! :eek: i was also told told they HATE heavy boxes.....

19. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

tell me about it... my boyfriend sent me this package 2 months ago from NYC to Milan, they said "It'll be there in 2 weeks latest"... fast forward 1 month later... nothing... 2 months... there was a letter saying if I agree to import the package... [and I still have to pay over 100 EUR "import tax" :mad:] The package arrived, barely sealed anymore [hanging by a tiny piece of tape], looks like someone kicked it too since it have a huge dent in the middle. His prints [photography student] were folded, torn, even water damaged, the ones that were mounted is peeling off of the mount, some of the cases for DS games are broken, luckily my flute is not damaged :eek: But at least it arrived, I thought it got lost somewhere in Greenland -_-

20. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

I thankfully don't have to deal with much with the mail-package delivery services. I did use fedex last month to mail a bong, two-day service. It arrived on time and in one piece.

21. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Heavy boxes are OK if they're adequately labeled. A conscientious shipper puts the big red HEAVY stickers on a heavy box. What makes people mad is when they go to pick up a box they expect to weigh 35 lbs. and it actually weighs 80.

22. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I hate UPS now. I got a bill last week for $80 for packages that I hadn't sent. I have never set up an account with UPS, but for some reason they had my name. I called them and they did fix it with no problem, but they swore I had created an account. I had them cancel it, and then they got a bit defensive and didn't want to do it for me.

I gave them a simple answer for why I wanted to cancel: "I like my packages to arrive on time, and you can't make that happen."