UPS recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wiseguy27, May 10, 2005.

1. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

I almost forgot about this! What brands and models of UPS (uninterruptible power supply) do you use for your Power Mac G5?

Any general recommendations (other than checking a site like APC (www.apc.com) and choosing the right one based on the needs)?

Additionally, any suggestions for an UPS that would work worldwide (110V and 220V)?

Thanks! :)

2. cube macrumors G4

I got a monster MGE Pulsar Extreme 3000VA for my Cube, but it's too noisy for the home, and specially a Cube. It also weighs 36kg.
    I bought a Keyspan USB serial adapter and use the open source Network UPS Tools (NUT) as the software (to use the MGE software you need the optional USB card), that is when I actually turn it on, because of the noise.

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

You list APC and I am happy with their entire line, most noteably the Pro 440, and the Pro 1440. Battery replacements for the 440, with out extending the warrenty, with haz mat fee, and shipping are 30 bucks through APC and 25 through Raido Shack.