UPS tracking not working?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cjskoog, Oct 29, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

cjskoog

Hi!
    I've received an e-mail from apple stating that they've shipped my touch.
    When I try to track it via UPS tracking site I just get following info:
    Tracking Detail | Help Help

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Tracking Number: 1Z W79 F14 04 XXX 294 6
    Type: Package
    Shipped To: KARLSRUHE, DE
    Shipped/Billed On: 29/10/2007
    Service: UPS SAVER
    Weight: .30 Kg
    Tracking results provided by UPS: 29/10/2007 16:44 ET

So my question is: where is it? how do I manage to see where it is?
    I'll try to call UPS Germany tomorrow, but my german isn't so good so we'll see how that goes...

2. RMo
    macrumors 65816

This means that UPS has received information about the shipment from Apple but doesn't necessarily have the iPod yet. Within a couple days, you should have more information and be able to track it.

That being said, I'd resist the temptation to refresh the page every 30 seconds and maybe just check it once or twice a day if you so choose (usually your status doesn't change all that much anyway--it just tells you when it's arrived and when it's left various sorting facilities, it's not like a GPS tracker or anything) .... and just have patience, knowing that it will arrive. :)

3. macrumors newbie

haha, that's what i did. i couldn't resist.
    and up until 1PM today, it was on time and supposedly being delivered today, but only to suddenly change to "AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY". SWEET.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

cjskoog

yeah, I know.
    the thing is that apple has estimated wednesday as delivery date and I want to know if I can expect it then and therefore be at home...

5. macrumors newbie

if there are no unexpected run-ins, like the one my iPod is experiencing, then you can expect it to be there on wednesday.

i should've seen it coming though, because since saturday, it's been in a completely different province, which made no sense.

good luck with getting yours on wednesday! let's hope UPS doesn't mess up again!