upside down Apple logo on iBook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iSaint, Oct 2, 2005.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I surfed by AMC TV this morning, and caught a scene from the movie Here on Earth . The rich dad is chewing out his son in his (dad's) home office. Dad has a black iBook open on his desk (maybe PB?) with a nice upside down Apple logo shining brightly. Anyone seen this? Is this Hollywood's attempt at avoiding brand favoritism?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

If it's black, it's a g3 powerbook. The G3 powerbook had an upside down logo when the lid was open. So did the original clamshell iMac. When the TiBook was announced, Steve made a big deal about how the Apple logo finally appeared right-side-up.

I guess the reason they were upside down originally is because when the laptop was closed, the logo was right-side up.

3. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

Wow, thanks for the info. I'm such a newbie even after a year!

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

If you ever catch an episode of Sex in the City, Sarah Jessica Parker always uses a pismo (I think) with an upside down apple logo.

5. jelloshotgun macrumors newbie

Also, episodes from the first and second seasons of the West Wing had Toby using a pismo.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I got a get a free laptop spam the other day. It offered a Dell, Toshiba or Gateway laptop. Thing is, the people in the pictures were holding powerbooks.

I've seen lots of powerbooks in TV shows with the logo covered.

Joey, the nephew has one covered in stickers.
    Commander in Chief that had one with a strip of duct tape.

7. spellflower macrumors regular

Several of my professors use Dell nbs for powerpoints, and when they're open on the desk the logo is always upside down. Looks silly to me, but then, most things about PCs look silly to me :D