iPad Urban Armor Gear for ipad air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Ipadlover29, Nov 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 6502

Actually iLounge has a review on this case. If I remember correctly they gave it a B+ on the review.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

4. macrumors newbie

UAG does not have an iPad Mini Retina case and they are selling their year old UAG iPad Mini first generation case to customers and screwing them over.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502

Amazon has the UAG case for the Air in stock.

6. macrumors 6502

My UAG case came in yesterday for my iPad Air. I love it! Im wondering if a glass screen protector will fit correctly with it...

7. macrumors 6502

I'm not a huge fan of the case. I love UAG cases. I have multiple colors for my Galaxy Note 3 but the major thing I don't like about it is that the flap won't stay shut. I thought since it has the on/off function, that it would stay shut with magnets but it doesn't. Also I wish they would have magnets or something to keep the flap locked onto the back when I have it opened. BUT.....I do fully trust this case to protect my ipad air if it takes a fall and for that reason is why I'm keeping it so far

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

To those who own the case how much does it weigh? And what's the thickness? I emailed these questions to UAG but never received a response.

9. macrumors 6502a

Amazon had these today for $39.95 so I figured it was worth a shot.

10. Jhun80, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013

macrumors newbie

Case is kinda thick and heavy. I have Bodyguardz Pure tempered glass installed on my air and it wont fit inside the casing, i have to Dremel the inside edges. The quality is good though but i still prefer my roocase origami slim.

[​IMG]

Thickness comparison with roocase:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Power Button kinda hard to press(I dont know if it has something to do with the tempered glass)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I got a sample for review on amazon from UAG. I just ordered it today from their website. Be a little time before I get it and post some pics in this thread.

12. macrumors 6502a

I got mine yesterday.

I knew it would be big and it is big.

I knew it would be heavy and it is heavy.

Looks really cool.

Flap design is just so so. I don't know how well the flap will hold over time. Holds position just OK, not good or bad.

TPU should protect it in a fall and even provides lip protection.

Still undecided if I like it or not.