Urgent Airport Bs Help Needed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by gotohamish, Oct 27, 2003.

1. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Hi

I have a Graphite Base Station (Rev.A) and want to take it on holiday with me to the US to use the modem.

However, the plug voltage says 200-240v - so I'm guessing it won't work as the US is 100-120v.

Does anyone know if the AC adapter is a standard size, and if I could use a generic (ie: radioshack etc) AC adapter that I bought in the US?

HELP!

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Well, the US adapter is large (brick-like), but uses standard plugs. I assume you're asking about international plugs, though...

On second thought, some clarification would be helpful. :)

3. gotohamish thread starter macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Yeah, the UK plug is brick like, but is 240v. I need to know if the little AC end that plugs into the airport is a standard size, and thus a regular radioshack ac adapter might work?

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Got it, the AC in on the BS itself. That's always the trick with adapters.

"Standard" has some variance, as far as I've seen, with electronics. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to find an adapter to fit it at Radio Shack, especially with their multi-plug adapter kits.

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Problem solved:
    Just leave everything home and enjoy your holiday.

:)

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Go on to Ebay and buy a US Power Brick. That will solve this problem. Then you can use it.

TEG

7. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    the problem isn't the power, it's the modem. it won't work. if you have a UK modem of any kind it will work anywhere in the world but the US, and, if you have a US modem it will not work anywhere else in the world (yeah the US are good with things like this). i don't know why, but when i took my US powerbook back home to the UK i had to buy a "global" modem card for it.

that (as far as i'm aware) is the problem unfortunately.