Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I somehow installed iLife 06 and now my fonts are messed up.Can someone please help me or help me find a way if i can restore this font by the name of "Sand"...Most Macs should come with it. I tried reinstalling my iBook Software Restore but it can't be installed for some reason. I need this font as i used it in the front cover of my assignment and a few pages and I've printed those pages out and the assignment is not complete and i need that font. Anyone knows a solution for this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fonts_in_Mac_OS_X#Font_List

Sand is located in there with a preview...

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
Obviously this does not help you at all but I don't have this font on my OS X 10.4.4 installation so I wonder if this really is a "standard" font. It's either that or I have missed out on this font myself...

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Kelmon said:
Obviously this does not help you at all but I don't have this font on my OS X 10.4.4 installation so I wonder if this really is a "standard" font. It's either that or I have missed out on this font myself...

I don't have that font either. On further investigation of that wiki article
it says Sand was included with 10.0 - 10.3 but it is not listed under
10.4. Maybe the OP lost it when upgrading from Panther to Tiger?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
The bizarreness continues: I have Sand available in fontbook but I can't find where the font file is (running Panther). A finder search for "Sand" comes up with nothing.

airmac

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2003
DarkNetworks said:
I somehow installed iLife 06 and now my fonts are messed up.Can someone please help me or help me find a way if i can restore this font by the name of "Sand"...Most Macs should come with it. I tried reinstalling my iBook Software Restore but it can't be installed for some reason. I need this font as i used it in the front cover of my assignment and a few pages and I've printed those pages out and the assignment is not complete and i need that font. Anyone knows a solution for this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fonts_in_Mac_OS_X#Font_List

Sand is located in there with a preview...

try font cache cleaner first - they renamed the app to Font Finagler

http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/fcache/fcache.html

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
If you can't find Sand when you search in Finder, i guess u can make a search Font in Finder and probally it should be there i think...

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
DarkNetworks said:
If you can't find Sand when you search in Finder, i guess u can make a search Font in Finder and probally it should be there i think...

I found it -- it was in the Mac OS 9 system folder. Apparently "find" doesn't search there.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Wierd...what format is it?
When i try to open it with Font Book, it doesn't seem to work. What do i need to open it with if not Font Book?

Anyone out there with the Font file for sand? Please send it to me. Thanks in advance...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.