URGENT HELP NEEDED - Entourage Update Kills Data

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HD Max, Aug 30, 2005.

1. HD Max macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a real big problem. I gave my dad my old PowerBook G4 (1GHz, 768MB, 40GB, Combo, AP Extreme, BT) hoping it'd make him switch, but unfortunately there have been an everlasting whirlwind of problems since he got it. It runs OS 10.3.9 and Office:mac 2004 which he uses for work. He just did an Office Update which I'm guessing came from Microsoft AutoUpdate since as far as I know Apple Software Update doesn't do Office updates (though he must have done Software Update too because he upgraded AirPort and some Security Update first). Anyway, now when he opens Entourage it comes up with the welcome screen and all his emails and contacts and calendar events are missing, with just the welcome to Entourage email in the Inbox. What can i do!?

Thanks
    Max

2. danielsan26 macrumors regular

Mine did something similar, make sure it wasn't getting his calendar and e-mails from a remote site, and just deleted the account. If that is the case (as was mine) you just have to reconnect to the exchange server. Otherwise, start looking for office recovery files. Wish I could be more of a help. I went for a year after switching with no problems whatsoever, and then when my dad purchased one after my encouragement, he had a slew of problems as well. Go fig.

3. HD Max thread starter macrumors newbie

No no he doesn't use Exchange, he just has a POP3 email account and his contacts and calendar and emails are all on his computer itself.