URGENT HELP.....PLEASE TELL ME I CAN RECALL AN EMAIL I JUST SENT!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marknicholls, Nov 15, 2004.

1. marknicholls macrumors 6502

I just sent a"bad" email to my work address, my outlook is closed so should still be on the mail server.....i know using outlook i can recall a sent email as long as the recipient hasnt read it......is there a way i can do this using mail?????

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Well have you actually sent it? If so unless you're using MS Exchange then you ar epretty much screwed, even if you do use MS Exchange you'd have to recall it and hope nobody downloaded and read it in the meantime.

If however you haven't actually sent it and it is sitting in your outbox then disconnect from the net, open Entourage/Mail/whatever and then delete the message.

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Just re-read your post... Sounds like you emailed something from home to work already and in that case you're up the creek without a paddle I'm afraid, does your company monitor it's email? Basically it depends on how big your company is, if it is a big corporation it has probably been caught by a filter already.

4. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

I work for fujitsu, but email monitoring is not high on the priority for some reason.....i was just designing an office prank (very funny) or it would have been if i never sent it to the supervisor!!!!!! Ill be in work extra early tomorrow.....lol

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

I always hate it when I leave my computer to use the bathroom and my roommate/girlfriend/buddy/kids get onto my e-mail and send nasty messages to try and get me in trouble.

That's what happened, right? ;)

6. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

LOLOL Of course thats what happened!!!!

7. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Do companies really tear you to part for an honest mistake? I am still in school, so i dont know these things.

Mike

8. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Just to help me understand your problem more what was in the email? :D

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Could see that one a mile away... Ah, how many times have I got people in trouble for doing that to them... :cool:

Or, alternately, you don't even need access to people's machines depending on the circumstances - depending how the SMTP server is setup, if there's an anonymous way to gain access then someone can spoof e-mails addresses as much as they like and get lots of people into real trouble! Not that I've ever done that of course... :cool:

10. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Talk to someone in the company's IT department and see if they can take it off of the server for you.

11. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

hopefully next time you think before you sending an email.