Urgent help - Quicktime Pro to add a clickable frame

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yogurt, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Yogurt macrumors newbie

Yogurt

hi all, i should really have asked here earlier. here is the story:

i have an AVI movie which needs to be converted to MOV, but at the very last screen, i need to make it clickable so that the user can just click on the movie and fire up the browser window with the specific URL.

one example will be this movie: http://209.235.192.81/blackbush02.mov (sorry it's quite big, but i cant find any smaller ones for now)

tried http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/hreftracks.html and didnt work.

dont know what i have done wrong :(

2. Yogurt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yogurt

please please anyone? ? ? ... i have asked 50+ ppl and none had any clue...

3. zim macrumors 65816

zim

You could use Flash. Flash will let you input the material, I would advise not embed but rather just link to the quicktime if it is a large high quality video, and then add in your url link. Once you add the link using the getURL action you could then export as quicktime.

4. Yogurt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yogurt

sorry for being a bit dumb, but do i have to import the mov file to flash then add a getURL action to the last frame, then export it as MOV? ?

5. zim macrumors 65816

zim

not a dumb question...

when working with Flash and video you have two options.

Option 1 is to import the video. this option is used for online or screen based presentations where the video will be part of the Flash experience.

Option 2 is to link. Linking the video will require you to export out as a quickTime video but any Flash elements will, based on your settings, remain vector due to Flash having a "Flash" track. When using Flash and the link video option, you will want to stay with actionScripting versions 5 or lower. For your project a stop command and a button with a getURL("webpage", "_blank"); would work.

You may also be able to, and I have not tried this, create a Flash document the size of you movie with a button in it. After making the movie just export it as quickTime with Flash and then with QuickTime Pro just copy the movie and page it into the end of your project.