*Urgent iTunes & Burning Help*

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by job, Mar 11, 2004.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

I need some immediate help concerning iTunes and it's burning abilities.

I'm trying to burn a CD through iTunes for a friend. His playlist reads as 412.1MB, yet when I insert a 700MB CD-R (that reads as 660MB in the Finder) iTunes reports that it cannot burn everything on one disc and thus must burn the playlist over multiple CDs.

What's going on here? I tried burning the songs as a data CD through the Finder, but that didn't work either. The burn stopped about halfway though and reported an error, ejected the disc from the drive. Finder now reports that disc as unreadable.

My specs are OS 10.2.8, iMac DV (400Mhz.) 512MB SDRAM, external FW Que CD-RW Drive (8x8x32x.) I've never, ever had any problems with the drive in the past, having burnt several data CDs a few days ago. No real third party applications or plugins either.

[The friend is a PC user who is going to be purchasing an iPod mini tomorrow, so I need this to work properly, both for my sake and for the image of Apple's 'it just works' reputation.]

2. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

Here's what iTunes reports. It doesn't make any sense.

Attached Files:

3. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

check iTunes->Preferences->Burning->Disc Format. you may be trying to burn 412 megs of mp3s or AACs as audio files, in which case they wouldn't fit on a single CD.

4. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

Wow, thanks. It worked. :)

Cheers,

Erik

:)