Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Star Destroyer said:
are you sure its one year? i thought it was only 90 days? and it was kinda limited....

1 year eh!?

Yeah it's 1 year. It's 90 days of free phone support. I'd recommend extending the warranty sometime before the year is up.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
extraextra said:
Yeah it's 1 year. It's 90 days of free phone support. I'd recommend extending the warranty sometime before the year is up.
And phone support is free for the first year if, as it turns out, the issue was a warranty one. For example, if the system is truly broken, support is free. If it's user error, it's not after 90 days (unless you have AppleCare).

Jollins

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2006
I know the issue has been solved already, but I feel like adding also that I encountered this exact same issue before and upon troubleshooting it I learned that (in my case) it was caused by the RAM modules not being shoved in all the way, so I re-seated the RAM. I'm not too sure why the loose memory was only an issue at system startup and not afterwards, but it was.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Few options here:

1) Put in the install CD that came with your Mac, reboot, hold down the letter C after you hear the chime, and when it boots to the installer, pick a language, and then run Disk Utility by finding it in the top menu.

2) Instead of holding down C at startup, hold down the letter D and make sure all your hardware's okay.

Question, my macbook is giving me the blue face too. Its a 2008 aluminum uni-body but it came with Leopard then I upgraded to snow leopard. Do you put the snow leopard disk or the original disk?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.