Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I haven't gotten any help from Rapidweaver support on this yet, so I'm asking here in the hopes that someone with Rapidweaver know-how can help me.

I have a business site built in an old version of Rapidweaver and running on a Yahoo Business server. The old version sued to FTP page updates to the server with no problem. Rapidweaver 5, however, refuses to create remote directories for themes, wich crashes the whole upload right from the get-go.

Should I simply delete all the old page folders from the Yahoo server and try uploading everything from scratch? Or is there something less extreme I can try?

Thanks!!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I would try two things, not sure if either one is feasible.

First, I would back up your website, and then delete everything. Then instruct RW to upload the entire website to your webhost. They may fix it.

Another option may be downgrading back to the version you were on. This is only feasible if you did not upgrade your site to the new version of RW or if you have a backup.

I've not upgraded to the new version of RW, in part because of the complaints and I failed to see any feature that would be useful for me.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Thanks. When I upgraded to the new version of Rapidweaver, I think it overwrote the old one. I might be able to plug in an older computer that has the previous version. But the web project I just made all these text updates to is RW5-friendly, so I'd have to re-create them all by hand on an older version of the project before uploading it via the older RW app.

I wouldn't mind nuking all the folders on the Yahoo server and uploading from scratch -- it's just a scary proposition.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I wouldn't mind nuking all the folders on the Yahoo server and uploading from scratch -- it's just a scary proposition.
Download your website (All directories) to your computer before doing anything.

Plus if your webhost offers a backup, then I'd do one of those. I use ICDSoft and they have a facility for me to do a manual backup if I wish (along with their nightly backups).

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
For those of you who are wondering, this finally fixed it: I exported the entire site to my desktop, then used Cyberduck to FTP each page folder, the sitemap, index.html file, etc. up to the server, where they overwrote what was there previously. RW5's built-in FTP tool seems to be broken in some odd way I don't understand, which is annoying, but the third-party workaround will do it. Thanks for the help and advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.