Urgent Refurb Mbp!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by utsavtalwar, Mar 20, 2007.

1. utsavtalwar macrumors member

HI ALL

IVE CHECKED A LOT OF PLACES AND FOUND THAT 17" MBPS WOULD TAKE MORE THAN JUNE TO GET HARDWARE UPDATE LIKE SANTA ROSA EHICH ALSO IF HAPPENS WONT BE MKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE THAN THE ONES PRESENTLY SHIPPING....AND AS FOR LEOPARD I CAN UPGRADE LATER OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A FREE UPGRADE LATER WHEN IT COMES LIKE MICROSOFT DID..GAVE FREE UPGRADES OF VISTA TO PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED 2-3 MONTHS BEFORE RELEASE??

SO I WAS PLANNING TO BUY A 17" MBP NOW..MAYBE IF SANTA ROSA IS A HUGE ONE THEN I COULD SELL MY MBP FOT A LOSS OF MAX 300$(IS IT POSSIBLE)?

JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF MY DECISION IS RIGHT AND ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA869LL/A
    THIS IS A REFURB MBP AND IS 500$ CHEAPER...JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM A NEW MBP ??

DETAILED RESPONSES TO EACH QUERY WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED...

CHEERS
    UTSAV(CURRENTLY PC USER WINDOWS VISTA)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you wrote that post with the Caps Lock button not pushed in, I would probably have read the entire post. :eek:

3. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

He's using Vista mate. Probably missing a driver or something that enables regular typing ;)

4. utsavtalwar thread starter macrumors member

sorry

sorry guys i didnt purposely write in block letters didnt realise..

but will still really appreciate if you could assist..

thanks

5. Helianthus macrumors member

"The item you have selected is currently not available from the Apple Store.

Please note that Apple cannot guarantee availability of any product. "

Thats all I get.

6. utsavtalwar thread starter macrumors member

oops

it was there in the refurb list earlier

do the update the refurb products daily???

also please please guys help me with my initial queries at the start of this thread

cheers

7. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You typed three or four paragraphs without ever looking at the screen and realizing you were typing in all caps? Right... :rolleyes:

At any rate, I read that (even though it made my eyes hurt). If you want a MBP and can handle waiting two or three months, Santa Rosa will be a decent upgrade -- but nothing huge for the MBP. Slightly better battery life. The regular MacBooks will benefit a lot more from Santa Rosa because it should have significantly better graphics, but the MBP uses discreet graphics anyway. Plus, you'll be paying for a new one if you wait for Santa Rosa, wheras you can get a refurb Core 2 Duo now for much less. Refurbs are great deals, and have been discussed tons of times on these forums. Do a search.

And you won't get a free upgrade to Leopard. The only possibility is if you buy a Mac *after* they announce the Leopard ship date, then you *might* get a free upgrade.

8. utsavtalwar thread starter macrumors member

thanks

thanks a lot man rly appreciate your assistance
    cheers:)