Urgent Slideshow Help Needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by taytho, May 13, 2006.

1. taytho macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2005
    KC, MO
    i am on a huge deadline right now.... we are talking only hours for a graduation party for my little sister..... i need a slideshow.

I need a slideshow i can burn to a dvd that is about 450 images large..... is this possible, i cant seem to figure it out. iDVD only lets me do 99 at a time. If i could get the slideshow to loop that would be even better. Music would be nice but not necessary. Thank you so much

2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
  3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I also say use iPhoto, you can add music and special effects etc, although I don't know how to burn it to DVD.

You could easily do a slideshow with music etc, provided you have an iPod with a colour screen an the AV cable to connect the iPod to a projector or TV.
  4. theorem7 macrumors member

Feb 7, 2006
    Yeah, iPhoto's gonna be the way to go. Just put all of the pictures into one album in iPhoto, select the album, and then go Share>Send to iDVD. This will open up iDVD and put all of the pictures into a slideshow on the menu, and then if you double click on the name of the slideshow in iDVD, it will take you to thumbnail images of the whole slideshow. From there, you can change all of the settings of the slideshow, add music, etc. This should work with 450 images; iDVD help states that a slideshow can have up to 9801 images. If you want it to loop, just click on settings in the bottom of the iDVD window and check Loop Slideshow. Tell me how it works out!
  5. motulist macrumors 68040

Dec 2, 2003
    If you really can't get any other solutions to work in time, here's a quick and dirty way that should work. Get a screen capture app that let's you take screen capture movies, set your screen resolution to 640x480, start recording a screen capture movie, go to iPhoto, run your whole slide show, edit the start and end of the resulting video file and burn it to DVD. Once again, you only wanna do this as a last ditch effort.