Urgent - Trash Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Robert Grant, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Robert Grant macrumors member

It seems that most times I start my computer up in the morning there is a folder in my trash with a long number on it containing files like user.cache and classic.cache .. I delete them but I was wondering wthether there is something wrong .. Plz Reply ..

Robert

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...this happens "most times" you start the computer...so it has been ongoing for a while I take it? But right now it is *urgent* :) .

Using 10.4.x? When you shut down do you close all programs first or do you let the system do it for you? (nothing wrong with letting the system do it).

I'd say that in all likelihood you don't really have anything to be concerned about....oh yeah!

3. Robert Grant thread starter macrumors member

4. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

Here's a tip, don't use your real name as your screenname. And don't post two e-mail addresses in your public profile. I'd be more worried about that than keyloggers.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, there are probably keyloggers, but no, it's unlikely they can be installed by web pages. The usual vector for that on PCs is either through infected files inside a Java .jar or through ActiveX embedded controls. The latter doesn't apply on Macs and there aren't any known malevolent agents out there in the former category either.

The files that show up on reboot in the trash can are a new idiosyncracy of Tiger -- something that's for your benefit mostly, but didn't exist in Panther.