Urine test to detect cancer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Sep 24, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

my grandpa died of bladder cancer...man, i hope they can do that for prostate cancer:eek::eek:

4. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't have any personal knowledge about the cancer detection. We do have a dog that is very sensitive to any injury that my wife might have. She will lick the area, but not an open wound. More of a muscle type injury. My wife says that it seems to the promote healing. Even old healed scab areas she likes to lick off.

5. macgfxdesigner macrumors regular

Study finds dogs can smell cancer!!

CNN did a story on this check it out...

LONDON, England (AP) -- We have always suspected that man's best friend has a special ability to sense when something is wrong with us, but the first experiment to verify that scientifically has demonstrated that dogs are able to smell cancer.

Experts say it is unlikely that pooches will become practical partners in cancer detection any time soon, but that the results of the study by English scientists are promising.... read on

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/09/23/cancer.dogs.sniff.ap/index.html

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i hope these urine tests are accurate and actually work, because this would be so much more cost effective as well as painless, people would be more willing to go for their checkups, ect. i know prostate cancer runs in my family, im only 21 so i dont have to worry about it yet, but that test for it SUX i would like to avoid it if possible, so i hope this works!