US-Australia price disparity stirs debate

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Mar 8, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Interesting, I emailed Apple just yesterday about this issue. Here is my email, in full.

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Should be interesting to see what the response is Nermal.

4. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Well I really hope that now Apple has been critised for pricing two weeks in a row by a major Australian newspaper, that even with recent fluctuations, prices will fall soon. Maybe if that rumoured 23rd March date sees new product releases...

5. macrumors 68040

mac15

I doubt you'll get a repsonse at all let alone a personal response Nermal. The over pricing of Australian/New Zealand apple products has gone on long enough, its about time somebody has stood up and said stop.

6. macrumors 603

Stella

Another reason why Apple fail to increase market share.

Apple are quite bad at international pricing. Its almost as if the world is subsidising US citizens on Apple products.

7. macrumors 603

aswitcher

I wonder if they need to charge more because they have to offer local helpdesk and repairs. Given the excellent reputation that Apple Australia have for service maybe its worth the extra thousand bucks... :p

8. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not really expecting a response, I just want them to read it and know how I feel about their pricing.

9. macrumors 603

aswitcher

I actually think writing to Apple America would get a better response. I imagine that they don't look to closely at the Australian market so unless someone brings something to their attention they probably don't notice...

10. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I did! Sorry, forgot to mention that in my original post, but it was Apple US that I emailed. But I think the more people that complain, the better :)

11. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

There should be a person -- Like me to buy you an apple product (after you send me the money) I would ship it to you.

[ ;) don't inquire ;) with me]