US debt clock running out of time, space

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aquajet, Mar 30, 2006.

1. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

Mildly amusing, but not really a laughing matter.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You ever think they might be doing it on purpose? I mean, I keep thinking no one can be that incompetent. But there it is. Hey, it ain't their money.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Maybe they'll need to add more than one digit to the front of that clock:

*smirk* :D Oops, I'm sorry. It was that last paragraph. Please continue.

(chokes, spews coffee) :p Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! OMG, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it!!

By "you", does he mean my kids and yours??

That, I'm afraid, is where it stops being funny.

Link

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm absolutely convinced this man is either high or stupid, he is just oblivious to the realities before him. I mean, I know they keep him in a bubble, but that's just delusional. The people I know who have to pay a lot of taxes are still voting Dem next election because they don't like what their taxes are paying for. The people who got money back either don't care about the tax issue or consider it dirty money. I couldn't wait to get rid of the pittance I got back. People don't care about taxes, immigration, social security, or "morality" anymore. They're sick of Iraq. They're sick of gas prices being so high, sick of heath care costing so much, sick of the economy being stagnant, sick of all the corruption, and sick of being afraid all the time.

The Dems don't do anything, but we'd rather have that than the neocons who do everything wrong.

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"They're sick of gas prices being so high, sick of heath care costing so much, sick of the economy being stagnant, sick of all the corruption, and sick of being afraid all the time."

Buy burial insurance. It ain't gonna get better.

'Rat

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Where in Times Square is this clock? And what's that ticker that's down in Union Square (or used to be, anyways)?

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

boy, i didn't even catch that. i just assumed they were talking about the one facing union square.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

going back to the article linked to in the first post, i saw this picture:

[​IMG]

that is not the one by union square. so i guess there's at least two in new york. and perhaps the makers of the union square one planned ahead and aren't worrying about the y2k problem. sorry, the $10 trillion problem.

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I don't recall seeing this kind of sign in Times Square, but I only make it to Manhattan a couple of times a year and so it would not be a surprise if I somehow missed it. There's a lot of stuff in Times Square. ;) But I guess I'd always assumed that the one in Union Square was "the" national debt clock.

10. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Yeah, I definitely don't recognize that one.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i found an image (not a very good one, though) of the union square one.

[​IMG]

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's the spirit 'Rat. If you can't beat 'em... give in to them completely.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't worry, 'Rat will have plenty of complaints and suggestions for fixes once the Democrats are in power again!