US General warns we will get 'dramatic'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by peter2002, Mar 19, 2003.

1. peter2002 macrumors 6502

Lt. Gen. David D. McKiernan, commander of the U.S.-led coalition army massing south of the Iraqi border, said in an interview with journalists that the threat of chemical and biological weapons is the biggest danger faced by the 100,000 troops under his command.

"It would be a hugely bad choice on the part of any Iraqi leader or commander to employ chemical weapons," McKiernan said.

Asked what the response would be to such an attack, McKiernan simply replied "dramatic."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...30319/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_us_chemical_weapons

"Dramatic", code word for nukes, just like "collateral damage" is code word for murdered civilians. Ain't war great? You get to travel the world, kill lots of people, and they give you lots of medals when or "if" you return home. :rolleyes:

Pete :)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Your drawing conclusions again - as far as I know 'dramatic' does not equal 'nuking'.

I've changed the title.

D

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Indeed. "Dramatic" does not translate to "Nuke 'em"...thankfully!

4. peter2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But you're drawing your own conclusions. That's the point, its not in the story saying they are going to use nukes.

You have a tendency to over play/state some of these things, and you do it on a regular basis. You need to learn a little restraint and if you're going to post news, fine. Comment as you'd like, but don't change the info to suite your own beliefs. It only causes people to get upset, start arguements and make the forums more frustrating.

D

6. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I've seen a few threads now with the same 'here's a boring article but let me throw out some bait' from this guy.

7. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Dramatic may just mean the 21000 pound bombs will be used not to scare iraqi troops, but to actually take them out.

Dramatic will probably mean one of the largest US led air attacks in history.

Dramatic will mean that we will be very unforgiving in our goal of ousting saddam and disarming iraq.

The US won't use nukes, because they would most likely kill more civilians than necessary, and it wouldn't stop saddam from using biological or chemical weapons...

I have seen the movie "Top Secret". It's great.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Also, nukes would render the area a no mans land for quite some time. You're not going to nuke a place you plan on sending troops into immediately afterwards.

D

9. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ok, a few things. One, I cannot stand this any longer, so I am going to say it. Stop coming in and posting flame bait. You can go from "lets nuke them" to "give peace a chance" in one thread. You actually never, well, with the exception of coming back with flamebait directed at one person, ever come back and carry on a conversation about the article that YOU posted. You put up titles that almost always are YOUR opinion of what YOU think may, or may not happen, and you state it as fact, just like this one.

You really need to take it down a notch, and have respect for both the people that post here, as well as for the site itself!

10. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Maybe the generals are going to start crying and throwing temper tantrums... that's kinda dramatic. :cool:

11. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-NavyIntel007

Only if the chemical weapon is TEAR gas! Aaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

I kill me!

this was a joke, had this been a real dig, it would have been followed by an annoying tone that deafens dogs for a 5 mile radius, then doomsaying, this was only a joke

12. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I agree. Take it down a notch.

Peter2002,
    I really can't stand it either. I can appreciate if you're going to share something that is informative and helpful, but most of the time it just seems like you like to put an unnecessary spin on news clippings to stir the pot and see how people react.

I would really, really appreciate the gesture if you showed a bit more restraint.

Additionally, there are a lot of people on these boards who are underaged who are very heavily affected by what's being posted here. A lot of them are very stressed out because of the war. So please, let's cut some slack here and take the high road on this, shall we?

Thanks.

13. alset macrumors 65816

alset

When I think dramatic, I think "we'll take over their broadcasting networks and run 'Sound of Music' and play Brittany Spears round the clock."

Maybe I'm out of touch.

Dan