US gets tough with North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OllyW, Jan 27, 2007.

1. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Iraq gets invaded for having non-existent weapons of mass destruction.

Iran is under the threat of war due to them possibly developing nuclear weapons sometime in the future.

North Korea has tested their nuclear bomb, so there is no doubt that a threat exists. The US has responded by banning the export of iPods.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6304697.stm

For once I think George Bush has got it right. Kim Jong-Il will scrap his nuclear program immediately. Given the choice between keeping the nukes or getting a brown Zune, there's only one answer :D

2. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

If only all war's could be fought like this! :p

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The sailors here at the Lemoore Naval Air Station have been sent to San Diego for an emergency deployment with the USS Ronald Regan; which is being sent out to the Western Pacific. This was in today's local paper. The sailors at Lemoore are assigned to fighter squadrons based on the USS Ronald Regan; which is an aircraft carrier used for attacking rogue nations.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Oh yes? Which "rogue nations" has it attacked lately? Is this another quote from The Sun or The New York Post?

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This statement is pretty silly, as a former sailor its clear, for attacking rogue nations :D Thanks for the laugh.

But on a serious note Bush's & Cheneys foreign policy is pretty much no policy as far as I can tell.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think Bush misheard the saying "No news is good news".

8. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

With the U.S.S. Stennis carrier group heading to the middle east for who knows what with Iran, the Navy is probably replacing the void in the Pacific with the Reagan.

and yeah, that last sentence is a hoot.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Isnt there more to it than that? Since North Korea is in bed with the sleeping giant (china) the US just cant waltz over there like we did in Iraq. The six party talks must be initiated.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I wouldn't characterise what happened in Iraq as a waltz. More like a pratfall.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Pratfall?:D your at the top of your game arent you. Lets see China isnt helping in Iran,China isnt helping in North Korea so why the heck are we building China? Our govt is screwing us as hard as it can, it must be fun because they are relentless. Must be the same guys in charge of this terror war and our Mexican Border. On one hand they want to tap our E-Mails,Phones,Spy and Torture on the other they want to look the otherway on our Border. Our Federal govt is a G.D. Mess with everything its involved in including its foreign policy if it has one. Cross that there isnt a policy its just the selling out of everything thats American .This royal screw job is going to sink this ship.

12. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The Fresno Bee

Actually, it was a brilliantly crafted post from yours truely. It does sound professional though, now that you mention it. :D

Actually, I did mean for it to be humorous, but skunk didn't think so. :p

Buy the way, I'm a former sailor too. The USS Tripoli LPH-10 and N.A.S. Miramar, 1983-1989 :)

Thank you, it was meant to extract attention. :p

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

MacDrive we use to have a saying, there are two kinds of ships, submarines and targets.:D

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nowhere in the quoted article does it mention "rogue nations". Why don't you let your snippets of news speak for themselves? If they merit attention, they'll probably get it.

15. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Well, if the Ronald Reagan does end up attacking North Korea (which is a rogue nation according to G.W.B.) then what I said will be right. :)

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

But as things stand, your assertion is bollocks.