US interrogation tactics on trial - in the US

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by j26, Feb 26, 2007.

1. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Doesn't look any worse than the endless news cycle of Brittany Spears and Anna Nicole Smith coverage that millions of Americans are subjected to 24/7 to me.

I have to pay a lot of money to have time alone with my thoughts without interruption by the outside world. Lucky b*sta*rds get it for free!

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Glad to hear that Gonzalez and his slimy ilk are going to be on the firing line over this one.

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Still no consequences for the those who give the orders though. If anyone above the rank of Lt. General goes down for this I'll eat my hat.

"Torture Memo" Gonzales and "Decider" Bush will live to ripe old ages in comfort and if we're lucky, infamy.

6. j26 thread starter macrumors 65832

j26

I don't really think it will be a matter of anyone hanging for this. I just hope it exposes the tactics and it's effects to the people, and cause people to understand just what their government is doing in their name. It should cause any right minded person to oppose it, and hopefully hasten the closure of Guantanamo, and other centres like it.

I'd love to see them pay, but I'll be realistic, to stop it would be a good thing.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That made me sick to see that our government does that in the name of "Freedom". We should stick the people who are responsible for this in those prisons to see how they like it. but unfortunately, no one who is actually important will get in any trouble for this. And what I find even worse is that it is an american citizen that they did this too, and what was it that we killed Saddam for? wasn't it for killing his own people like Bush is trying to do now.
    before I didn't think that it would accomplish anything trying to impeach Bush, but since he is ordering things like this he should be impeached just to make a statement, even though Cheney would not be any better.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Maybe you guys should start a "stop paying taxes" campaign if you don't like what the government is doing. If you could get enough people to do it, you could probably change policy to a certain degree, or at least get attention.

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

What's your point?

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

You mean like Thoreau?

Maybe this is a necessary step, although I remain convinced that while Bush and his cronies have bungled the last 7 years the rest of the government remains useful and redeemable. I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater because of Alberto Gonzalez, John Yoo, and George Bush.