Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
So now that it looks like 1.6/80 MBAs are going out to US preorderers, we 1.8/SSD MBA preorderers get to wait a while longer, it seems.

Post here if you receive an update in shipping status for your 1.8/SSD MBA.

Mine is still slated to ship out on February 6th, one week from today.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
My ethernet adapter just shipped. That'll really be useful by itself.

No change on the 1.8/SSD ordered 1/15 at 10:45am PST. Still shows Feb. 6th.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Mine ships on the 12th.

I'm thinking about canceling the order though.

Too many reports about an 8 hour charge time may be the final straw for me. I have been burned too often by Apple's poor quality--especially on gen 1--and I take this as a sign the first revision is not ready.

I want the MBA, but I have a bad feeling given Apple's rapid quality slide.

Thoughts?

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Mine ships on the 12th.

I'm thinking about canceling the order though.

Too many reports about an 8 hour charge time may be the final straw for me. I have been burned too often by Apple's poor quality--especially on gen 1--and I take this as a sign the first revision is not ready.

I want the MBA, but I have a bad feeling given Apple's rapid quality slide.

Thoughts?

I'd say cancel, but you might know how I feel about a.) buying a revision A product from Apple, and b.) spending three grand on the slowest computer they sell.

profiteor

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Mine's at "Not Yet Shipped", though the Ethernet adapter arrives tomorrow by 4:30pm local time. What am I going to do with the thing...

EDIT: Prepared for Shipment now!! Had to call them a few times to straighten out some oddball gift card combination phantom payment issues, but... *crosses fingers* will only breathe easy again after the thing gets on a plane :D

kens411

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Not shippped yet...

Mine = Ship on Feb. 6th - Deliver the 11th. Ordered Keynote day @ 12:46pm.

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I just got confirmation that my SuperDrive and Ethernet dongle are shipped. No movement yet on my 1.8 SSD, but I'm thinking it'll be tonight or perhaps tomorrow.

My original order date was 1/16 at 8:00AM CST.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
My 1.8 ssd is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Likely because I live so close to the fedex hub :).

And I work just across the apron...

You will need to do some boot times and other benchmarks for all the onlookers... :)

arn

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
You will need to do some boot times and other benchmarks for all the onlookers... :)

arn
I can't mess around with it too much because I have to get it configured for my company with all of their settings and software and whatnot(after all, they bought it!). I have done a clean install and it felt like it booted about 2x the speed as my macbook which takes about 35-40 seconds on average. That's just a guestimate, though. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the SSD's performance. But I've only had it for like 2 hours.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Prepared for Shipment!

My 1.8/SSD is now Prepared for Shipment! Ordered 1/15 at 12:13 PM PST.

It's gonna be a looooooong weekend waiting for this to show up... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.