Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Hi,

since the US economy is going down the toilet, I'm buying as much stuff as possible while the dollar is at ~0.50ukp. I'm looking for a US retailer which sells 1gb SODIMMs, because even after import VAT (17.5%), it's a massive saving on the prices we pay over here. Sadly NewEgg doesn't export internationally, so, someone else perhaps offer an alternative?

I'm currently looking at 'Meritline', though I'm not entirely sure I want to trust them. Didn't the Ti 1Ghz 'book use PC133, and not the 2700 which is advertised?!

Cheers m'dears.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
We need a thread that just list all US technology distributers that will ship to blighty, the current exchange rate is just begging to be taken full advantage of :D

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
brap said:
Hi,

since the US economy is going down the toilet, I'm buying as much stuff as possible while the dollar is at ~0.50ukp. I'm looking for a US retailer which sells 1gb SODIMMs, because even after import VAT (17.5%), it's a massive saving on the prices we pay over here. Sadly NewEgg doesn't export internationally, so, someone else perhaps offer an alternative?

I'm currently looking at 'Meritline', though I'm not entirely sure I want to trust them. Didn't the Ti 1Ghz 'book use PC133, and not the 2700 which is advertised?!

Cheers m'dears.

Crucial (http://www.crucial.com) and Other World Computing (http://www.macsales.com) will both deliver internationally. I have bought things from them both on multiple occasions and they have delivered to Australia quickly and without a fuss.

Things must be going badly for the U.S. economy...even the perennial ugly stepchild of the international currency market, the humble Australian Dollar, has been sitting close to $0.80 US for a while now. Not as impressive as the pound's performance though :). Praise the Lord for GWB and moronic economic/foreign policy!

Edit: Yeah, the 1GHz TiBook uses PC133. They might be confused with the 1GHz 15" AlBook, which uses DDR SDRAM.

brap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
oingoboingo said:
Edit: Yeah, the 1GHz TiBook uses PC133. They might be confused with the 1GHz 15" AlBook, which uses DDR SDRAM.
'Confused' gets the wrong kinds of memory shipped halfway across the globe. :)

I'll be avoiding them, then.

So far Memory4less.com ship internaitonally, but for $45 - significantly more then everywhere else. Come eduk, make the thread already. I have an essay to write! :D :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.