US Robotics routers any good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by livingfortoday, Feb 24, 2007.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Ha, ok, I took my own advice for a change and did a search on the forums and got lots of good info. But I'm still posting this! I'm currently looking at this US Robotics router as my Belkin one just died. Anyone have any experience with

Anything at all would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Look good since it got 45 reviews. I only experenice is with Belkin,Linksys,AEB, Symbol and Cisco

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I had an older/larger US Robotics wireless router. The local computer repair shop really recommended them for their security (he didn't sell them so it was unbiased).

The interface for configuring it was nice. However, I found mine flakey and after a year the NAT feature completely failed, meaning my ISP could see the MAC addresses of all computers hooked up to it. I replaced it with a Linksys and found that the Linksys also had about twice the range.

However, this was an older one and a different model entirely.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haven't heard that company name in awhile. Remember when they were really popular?

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Just wait another 28 years until the NS-5's are released, then you'll see just how popular they are.

To the original poster: I've been using a USR wireless router for about 4 years of 24/7 service, without any issues at all. Maybe the occasional reboot, but that's partly because my service is pretty flakey, too.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Ya when everybody had a modem :D

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha, I remember when my friend got a 28.8k modem, and all my other friends were stuck at 14.4k. It was a US Robotics as well......the "fancy" stuff. :p

My first internet connection at home was cable internet, and that was back in the 90's when it first came out. :cool:

8. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I like my friends us robotics, hardly ever crashes or drops unlike my sucky wrt54g.

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I had a USR router back in the 802.11b days, pretty decent but nothing to write home about.

I'd get one of those Buffalos instead and load DD-WRT onto them for all that extra functionality.