US screwing up in Iraq again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by toontra, May 31, 2004.

1. toontra macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2003
    London UK

One wonders if the US could do a worse job in post-war Iraq if they tried!

Despite repeated assurances that they would allow Iraqis, under the guidance of the UN, to elect their new president, it now appears that the US have caused widespread outrage by trying to manouevre Adnan Pachachi (seen by many as a CIA stooge and reportedly the source of the ludicrous 45-minute WMD deployment propaganda) into the job.
  2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah, I am not so sure about them turning it over to the UN, I wouldn't trust those guys to direct an elementary school play let alone a country.
  3. toontra thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2003
    London UK
    That's as may be, nonetheless this was what the US promised everyone they would do. It now appears they won't. I'm sure you see the problem.
  4. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    Whereas you lot have done a REALLY GOOD JOB.

(And from what I've heard here, I wouldn't use running schools as a yardstick...)
  5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004
    The Gov't? Don't have a clue. Of course we are talking about a President who couldn't pass the kind of tests he is requiring high school student to take in order to graduate. And he has a Bachelor's and a Master's degree. Of course we all know they are both bogus. He certainly didn't earn them. I wonder if he even bothered to show up for classes. :eek:
  6. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    No? So do you place your trust in these guys?

Attached Files: