Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcoloveslaure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Hi all! I bought an Ipod in the states in October 2010. I now have issues and need a reparation. The US Warranty is one year, the EU one is 2 years, whici one applies?

spt

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
Hi all! I bought an Ipod in the states in October 2010. I now have issues and need a reparation. The US Warranty is one year, the EU one is 2 years, whici one applies?

The US warranty. As you bought it in the US, European consumer law does not apply.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

In the EU, you get a manufacturer's warranty (which is entirely voluntariy, but Apple gives you one year), and a seller's warranty (which is not simply "2 years", but a bit more complicated and discussed a lot here). Since you bought the iPod in the USA, EU store warranty doesn't apply to you. Whatever manufacturer warranty Apple gives in the EU also doesn't apply. You need to check your own US warranty terms, and Apple may or may not cover repairs outside the USA under their US warranties.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.