USA East Coasters - Touch 4G demos in Apple stores yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StephyWu, Sep 8, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm on the West Coast and it's still bright and early in the morning here. Have iPod Touch 4G demos shown up in Apple stores yet to play around with? I need to try it first before I buy :cool:

2. macrumors 6502a

Indianapolis, IN has them up for demo and purchase - no 64GB models though

3. macrumors regular

Was at the KOP mall in PA and demo units for every model were up. Was told they set them up this morning.

4. macrumors 6502

I got to say that it's sure seems a lot quieter in the iPod touch forum than I expected today. Maybe it will heat up later. Just seemed like the iPad and iPhone forums were buzzing on launch day. Guess is just reflects the relative volumes of the touch vs other i products?

5. macrumors regular

called Georgetown DC this morning, they have the small models in stock but not 64GB.

I'll check around 1pm to see if they have any demos out yet.

6. macrumors 6502

Local store (midwest) had them set up and in stock (8 and 32 GB only) as of 30 minutes ago.

7. macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I was in the Apple Store in Tampa, FL at 10AM (opening) and they had the displays for Touch and Nanos all out and ready. I was the first to make a purchase for a new iPod Touch 32gb, they had just got it off the truck so I had to wait a bit for them to I guess check them in.

8. macrumors member

I just got back from the Apple Store. The new ones are on display and I walked out with a 32GB. They had the 8 and 32, but no 64. I wanted the 32 anyway so it worked out for me. By the way, I was there shortly after the store opened and the store was empty. There was definitely no mad rush of people trying to get new iPods.

9. macrumors regular

Looks like there's a delay on the 64GB's :f5:

10. macrumors newbie

The Apple store in Greensboro (N.C) had them, as of 10:45 a.m., and so does our Best Buy, according to their website.

11. macrumors regular

Just came back from the NYC Fifth Avenue store, all models in stock!

12. macrumors 6502

Greenville, SC: 8GB and 32GB in stock. Not sure about the 64GB one though. Picked up 8GB this morning.

13. macrumors regular

If you get a defective Touch, do Apple stores exchange it for one in a brand new box, or do you get one in a black/white box like in the case with iPhones?

14. macrumors member

Tysons Corner Va. (one of Apple's flagship stores) has them on display and for sale. Purchased 32G, in and out the door in less then 5 minutes. No 64G.

15. macrumors regular

I stopped by the Apple Store in Georgetown, DC at 1. They have all models of the iPod Touch (they said no 64GB when I called, but had them when I arrived).

They also have them on display. Not sure about the nano, wasn't interested in those.

16. macrumors newbie

Yes, in Virginia

They had demos out, and items for sale. I bought mine - 32GB. Have just barely started using it. Camera has very good color and contrast, but is very grainy in low light situations... pretty much what you would expect. But, the camera and the whole unit seems MUCH snappier/faster in operation than my old 1st gen iPod Touch, which I did turn in and got the 10% discount. :)

17. macrumors regular

Apple stores in Toronto still haven't received their shipments yet. :mad:

18. macrumors newbie

19. macrumors member

Same in Vancouver. I guess Canada's lagging abit behind? Hopefully this week they'll get something.

20. macrumors newbie

The store in Clarendon, VA has them in stock. Just picked mine up :D

21. macrumors 65816

tablo13

22. macrumors 65816

fel10

Georgia here, and I just got my 64GB iPod Touch