USB 10.3 draw

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trainguy77, Jan 31, 2005.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I recently upgraded to 10.3 from 10.2 and now when I plug my flash drive into the keyboard USB port it complains that the port is drawing to much power and will now be shut down the port. I know the keyboard is “unpowerd” but before with 10.2 the keyboard had enough power to run my jump drive, has anyone else has this problem? Second how do I reactivate the USB port? I can’t use that port again until I restart the computer.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Basically some devices were marginal in how much power they were drawing, so Apple put better protection in the OS.

As for your other question, the port should come back to life on it's own. I plugged in a floppy drive that "draws too much power" and then I plugged a low power device in and it works fine.

Basically the device itself says how much power it takes. And I think there may be only certain settings. Also, if a device states it needs more than it really is using, the software wouid decide to shut down the port even tho' the device should be apple to operate with what power is available.