USB 2.0 Hubs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JDN, Oct 8, 2006.

1. JDN macrumors 6502a

Im looking for a USB 2.0 hub from a reputable manufacturer. I need more than 4 ports, which seems to be the most common. I would like it to be powered as well, otherwise its going to be useless. Also, id quite like it to look nice, fit with the look of the MBP.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I find Belkin do some good hubs which fit with the MBP, and most other Macs. The one I have, and rarely use, with mine is white on top and silver/aluminium effect around the edge, (think Mac Mini here). It only has four ports though.

In terms of other hubs they do, you can find them in largely black or silver options, perfect for the MBP. Everything in my room tends to be silver, white or black so their colour options fit in perfectly, even if they aren't always perfect with just the product used with.

3. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I got a cheap I.Connect 4-port hub, and it works great. I have a mouse, DVD-Burner, Palm docking cradle, and a USB hard drive connected to it. It was around $12 at Fry's.

My brother recently bought a 7-port D-Link, also works like a charm. It was around $25 from Amazon.

Both are powered hubs.

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I haven't used it myself, but have heard good things about the Kensington Dome Hub. 7 ports, feet (to prevent sliding) and weighted. Supposedly reliable, too ...