USB 2.0 & My Powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jaw04005, Mar 2, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I have the Powerbook 12" Rev B, I'm assuming both ports on it are USB 2? I've been looking for a firewire compact flash card reader, and haven't been able to find a decent one. So I was thinking about purchasing a USB 2.0 one.. what is everyone thoughts? What type of USB 2.0 flash reader are you using on your powerbook? Recommendations?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I have had good luck with Zio readers in the past on my Powermac, but can't say I have used a reader recently as my camera is supported by iPhoto.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    does ur pbook have a pcmai card slot get a card reader that goes into that and u will have ur usb ports free :D

4. Crikey macrumors 6502

I have the Lexar FireWire CompactFlash reader, and I like it. It's quite fast.

I haven't bothered testing my USB 2.0 multi-card reader with my Mac's Sonnet aftermarket USB 2 ports, because the FireWire one works fine. My suspicion is that the read and write speed of the CF card will be the bottleneck, rather than the speed of either USB 2.0 or FireWire.

Cheers,

Crikey

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

not to show off my knowledge of 12" rev B pB's or anything (i have one!) they dont have pcmai card slots! that kind of pisses on your bonfire! :D

oops only just read that you say DOES it have one, sorry!