Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Northern California
I have a powermac g4 dual 867 mirror door drive. And I was wondering if I wanted to get usb 2 would all I have to do is buy a pci usb 2.0 card or what?

Thanks,

Merf

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Don't count on your computer being able to sleep with the card.

Even "Mac Compatible" ones, and ones reviewed on xlr8yourmac.com provide different results.

I've just gone ahead and don't sleep the computer anymore.

robins2001

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2003
yeh just get a pci one mate, ive got a dual 1.25 mdd and just put my pci usb 2.0 card from my old pc in and it works spot on,, think mine is an adaptec one..

noel4r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
Is there any way I can install USB 2.0 on my 800 mhz eMac? Perhaps using a firewire-USB 2.0 module, if one exists. The reason I want one is because I got a good deal on an USB external HD.

noel4r said:
Is there any way I can install USB 2.0 on my 800 mhz eMac? Perhaps using a firewire-USB 2.0 module, if one exists. The reason I want one is because I got a good deal on an USB external HD.
Don't think so, I think you have to have pure USB 2.0 signal coming out of your eMac to handle it, FW won't work with the USB protocol. Kinda sucks, but thats the way Apple is sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.