USB 4 port KVM switch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrandonSi, Nov 2, 2005.

1. BrandonSi macrumors regular

Need some help.. looking for a 4 port USB KVM (vga) switch, but I'd rather not have to buy 4 sets of cables.. does anyone know of, or has purchased a usb kvm that came with all the cables you needed?

2. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Belkin do a couple, one with audio, one without, both with built-in cables, selling for around £20-30 in the uk. Search your US Amazon site.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

5. strydr macrumors 6502

strydr

A word of advice.. make sure whatever you buy is returnable. I have used several KVM's (belkin and the IOgear one), and they are buggy when switching between machines. Specificaly, I had 2 Win. boxes, and my Mini, and every combo of KB/Mouse would cause some problems. Just make sure if it dosen't work properly, you can take it back.

6. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The Iogear kvm box has a 30 day return policy from tigerdirect.com

but if the kvm does not work or buggy with your set-up, sent ot back for a refund ..

No company makes a completely 'bug' free product nor software, so some people will get a bad product but they 'Can' get an exchange or a refund..

But Most people get excellent working product,If Iogear doesn't work for you then ship it back and try another company that makes kvm switches..

iphil