Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maroot

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
Just bought a new Nano and it works fine most of the time, but then it will pop up with USB ERROR on the console and the music stops. The only way to get it to work again is to shut the car off and restart. Doing a little research, it appears this has been a problem for some time, but I haven't found a solution to the problem.

Anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks!

Mike

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
What version iPod Nano? What firmware is it on? What firmware is your car interface on? Any updates available?

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
The latest I have is 1.0.4 and iTunes doesn't show any available updates.

maroot

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
Interestingly enough, I can see when it is about to crap out. The left-to-right scroll that shows how far along you are on the song starts to slow down. Eventually the song ends, but the progress bar still shows about a half-inch left to go on my Honda 2013 C-RV. The next song will start and play for a while, and then silence and the dreaded USB ERROR shows up. Using your steering wheel controls, USB is no longer a source that appears that you can select. Just AM, FM Bluetooth, SiriusXM.

Last edited:

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
I would try it with another ipod or music device to rule out that it's actually the iPod Nano 7th Gen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.