USB Flash Drive Not Recognized on MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by A Mac Gamer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. A Mac Gamer macrumors member

Hello all,

I recently bought a Attache 512mb usb flash drive from Best Buy yesterday and when I plug it into my MacBook Pro, OS X doesn't recognize it. It doesn't pop on to the desktop or anything. Is there something special that needs to be done for it to work properly?

I am running OS X.4.8 by the way.

Thanks for any help.

2. mydogisvicious macrumors newbie

USB Flash Drive Not Recognized on Macbook

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have the attache 2G USB memory stick which works just fine on my PC at work, and also works perfectly on my imac G5 at home. I just bought a macbook and the laptop won't recognize it. I can see it when I open Disk Utility, but I cannot open it or access anything that is stored on it. The format is MS-DOS (FAT 32), which is supposed to be compatible with PC and Mac. Can anyone help with this?

Thank you very much!!

3. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

4. mydogisvicious macrumors newbie

Thanks,

I really don't know how to use this forum. I just need help!!!! Any suggestions how to post somewhere more current??

5. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

it doesn't really matter since you are having the same problem. no need to clutter up the forums with duplicate threads.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

weird, all my flash drives are FAT 16. My 2+ years old one is FAT16 and my brand new Sandisk is also FAT16.