USB Flash Drives

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Fruin, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Fruin macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2004
    Have a Belkin Flash Drive which will not mount in 10.3.2. Any news on a fix for this long running problem?
  2. Pismo macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2002
    Can you try formatting the drive using Disk Utility? Not sure if it'll work though but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, you might want to demand a refund or a replacement if the drive is still under warranty.
  3. Fruin thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2004
    It works in OS 9.2 and in XP.

It will not mount in 10.3.2. I get a message that the disk has no volumes recognised by the Mac. It is seen in Disk Utility but will not format.

It can, and has been, formatted in XP to both Fat and FAT32. Both these formats should be seen by 10.3.2.

This is a known problem but I just wondered if anyone had heard of a fix.
  4. lofatmo macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2004
    same problem

I have the exact same problem. It mounted the first time, and then wouldn't mount again. Though one of the subsequent times it did give me the an error basically telling me the drive had not been unmounted properly. So I don't know what this is but I hope Apple comes up with a patch of some sort.
  5. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    When I was working on my daughter's G4 iBook I accidentally removed the flash drive without ejecting it (by dragging it to the trash) first.

When I tried to remount it, it wouldn't recognize the drive.

I took a chance and rebooted, just to see what would happen. Bingo, all hunky dory after the reboot :)

So try rebooting your comp first without the drive mounted, then mount it again and see what happens.

Good luck.