USB headphone problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skwij, Nov 5, 2006.

1. skwij macrumors 6502

Hi everyone. I just got myself some Logitech USB headset 350, and can't seem to get them to work. Intel Mac, 10.4.8.

The computer "sees" them in the USB tree, but not in the Sounds section of Prefs, or when accessing the Audio Midi Setup, which was a workaround suggested to me by a very savvy Mac friend. I've tried different USB ports, including the ones in a powered hub.

I've verified and repaired permissions, logged out and gone into the Administrator account and tried there, no joy. Restarted the machine a few times, no joy.

The really odd thing is that when booting into WindowsXPpro on this machine, they work perfectly fine, no fiddling, just plug em in and use em. Is there a hidden pref I need to be accessing, or a plist somewhere that could be deleted, to rebuild when rebooting (did that even make sense?? ;) )?

Here's some screenshots of what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

2. skwij thread starter macrumors 6502

*Bumpage*

Is bumping allowed here?

Anywho, after not using my Kodak DX 6490 for a month or so, I took some pics, stuck the camera on the cam-dock, hit the toggle button to start transferring to iPhoto, and ......

nothing.

Say what?

Removing the SD card from the camera, and using a card reader worked, but huh? The cam-dock should work fine shouldn't it? It was working just peachy before the upgrade to 10.4.8 anyways.