USB Hub for a Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kudukudu, Jul 9, 2008.

1. kudukudu macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2007
    Apple suree skimped on the number of USB ports on the back of the mac pro. I hate having stuff connected to the front and I find I am always plugging and unplugging my various peripherals. Can anyone recommend a USB hub that has apple-like styling? I am assuming there are no performance/quality differences with technology this simple.
  2. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2008
    Southeast, LA
    I am looking for the same thing for my MBA, and havn't found 1 yet. So you should let me know if you find 1, but i dont think it exists yet.
  3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    I'd personally go with a PCIe USB card. I can't stand hubs.
  4. bc008 macrumors 68000

Aug 6, 2007
  5. Virtuoso macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2008
    I use that one - they are excellent. The base is very solid and stays put even with a full complement of devices hanging off it. It is also powered, which can be important for some USB devices.
  6. G5power macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2005
    I'll second the use of a USB card.

Previously I had a G5 2.3 Power mac and added a 4 port adaptec card to that.
    I can't stand unplugging and shuffling cables around. In addition it is terrible to have a huge monstrous sized tower and then have to stack external USB hubs on top.
  7. kudukudu thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2007
    for some reason getting an internal card didn't occur to me. I definitely will go with this option.