Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
Hey Gang,
Just wondering if anyone is using the C0U1 from Samson or the SnowBall from B.L.U.E., if you are could please post your thoughts on what you think about that microphone and perhaps a link to something that you have recorded?

Warmest Regards,

caribiner23

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2005
Chicago
I actually bought a Samson C01U last night, so my experience with it can be expressed in hours. :)

So far, it sounds awesome. I was using a cheapie "PC" mic plugged into a Griffin iMic, and it was noisy and tinny. My test recordings with the Samson, made with WireTapPro on my iBook, turned out very nicely.

The one thing I would recommend to anyone who gets one these is to download the applet from Samson's web site. The volume level of the mic was a little low without it, but with the applet it sounds incredible.

My other recommendation is to get the spider mount for it. Since it's a condenser mic, it's susceptible to rumble and other environmentals. The mount keeps the sound clean.

A related question for the group-- does anyone know if you can connect two of these to a Mac, and if so, will GarageBand or any other apps recognize two USB devices? (My assumption is "yes.")

macbodock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
caribiner23 said:
I actually bought a Samson C01U last night, so my experience with it can be expressed in hours. :) So far, it sounds awesome.
caribiner23,
Congrats on being an "Early Adopter" of a USB Microphone. It is hard to believe that you can get such great sound with out all the hardware. I bought the B.L.U.E. SnowBall and the sound that I get out of it is fantastic. Keep us posted on the results that you are getting. Now who is NEXT!

Warmest Regards,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.