USB Microphones for gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ninja_Turtle, May 7, 2004.

1. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

as most mac gamers who play online use gameranger, i was just wondering, is there any USB headphones that have microphones attached to them that will work on my iBook?...much like the PS2 or Xbox headphones with microphones, if anyone knows about these, where can i buy them? and or which ones are the best and also what games are compatible with them??? thanks

2. applekid macrumors 68020

I'd suspect any headset that doesn't require drivers would work fine since USB has the ability to input audio (i.e. iMic). I'm not 100% sure, but I'm quite sure that's how it works. The Mac should be able to detect it without trouble.

However, besides GameRanger, it's almost useless for a Mac gamer to buy a headset at this moment. There isn't any particularly popular program for doing voice chats in OS X.

3. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

I thought UT2004 had voice chat. Or is it a PC only feature?

4. applekid macrumors 68020

Oh yeah! It does, doesn't it? Yeah, voice chat works on the Mac version of UT2K4, too.

5. knicksfan58 macrumors member

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

7. Ninja_Turtle thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

hey thanks you guys for replying my post, i did my research and turns out that only gameranger is the only thing capable of voice chat in games, UT2k4 also has voice chat, but my little ibook cant handle that, and yea i can talk with the built in mic that my ibook has, but thats just lame, i would rather have a head set, well anyways, im going to buy a PS2 network adaptor with socom1 and the headset which is usb, so im thinking it should work with my PS2 and my mac aswell, thanks