Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaylor3971

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Was wondering if everyone could post their USB modem experiences in one thread - Verizon, Sprint, AT&T (and anyone else I've missed) -

I installed my Sprint Novatel U720 today using a Belkin Flexible USB Adapter without installing any software ahead of time and it worked almost instantly.

I am running the latest Leopard update (10.5.2) and had activated the modem already on a PC.

The flexible adapter is a necessity to use the U720 and looks nicer than an extension cable.

Anyone else care to comment on their modems and installation experiences?

Eric
San Diego

profiteor

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Was wondering if everyone could post their USB modem experiences in one thread - Verizon, Sprint, AT&T (and anyone else I've missed) -

I installed my Sprint Novatel U720 today using a Belkin Flexible USB Adapter without installing any software ahead of time and it worked almost instantly.

I am running the latest Leopard update (10.5.2) and had activated the modem already on a PC.

The flexible adapter is a necessity to use the U720 and looks nicer than an extension cable.

Anyone else care to comment on their modems and installation experiences?

Eric
San Diego

This is similar to my experience (same device, but Verizon). The only difference was that I activated my modem on a Mac. Even without the Verizon software, the EVDO drivers in Mac OS were able to pick up the card, do the activation on its own, then presented me with the choice to configure the interface in System Preferences. Pretty slick.

Also using the Belkin flexible adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.