USB mouse in Windows C2D MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nevrsadie, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I just go my C2D MBP last week and it has been great. I installed Windows XP in bootcamp yesterday and everything went fine. But I am having a problem with my usb mouse(microsoft intelimouse explorer), it stops working every so often. I have to keep plugging and unplugging it to work. Any suggestions?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Have you tried going into control panel (perhaps with the trackpad?) and seeing if the mouse is listed as a system device WHEN it's not responding? That might help you figure out where the problem lies. You might also try and see if there's a different / new driver you can use?

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Try and use a different usb and see if the fault is with the USB or that particular port? Maybe it's just the mouse, do u have another mouse you can try?

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I've noticed that when I'm running Windows in BootCamp, my mouse also stops working every once and awhile, but I've tracked it down to when the Network (wireless) is going bad (i'm not a network guru, so I'm not sure what is going on). When I disable my network card, the mouse goes right back to working all the time. When I reconnect to the network, it will work for 10 minutes, or 3 hours... I hate Windows connected to the internet...

EDIT: My problem is probably different though, it doesn't need to be unplugged and plugged back in.

5. Nevrsadie thread starter macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I have had this mouse for over two years on my windows comp and no problems, so its not the mouse. I will try another usb port to see if its the problem.

6. Nevrsadie thread starter macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I tried the other usb port and it still is happening. I am using a wired internet connection so its not the wireless network. Any more suggestions? This doesnt happen in OSX, just windows.