USB Network Drives

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alexshim, Oct 24, 2004.

1. alexshim macrumors newbie

Hi, I can't seem to get my AirPort to work, so I was wondeing did anyone try this : D-Link DWL-G122 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless USB Adapter

Does it work or does it cause a Kernel Panic?

Thanks...

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

It should, but have you tried getting your Airport card to work? Basic trouble shooting and things can be found at Apple's Support website. That is a basic search for airport, you might want to refine it some.

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

have you tried taking your airport card out and putting it back in? have you checked the arial as it is quite stiff to push all the way in. i would try all of those before you go and buy something else. maybe the airpost card is faulty in which case apple might replace it.

some more information would be useful.

4. alexshim thread starter macrumors newbie

it could be a problem with my antenna right, and to get that serviced would cost me a lot of $$ ..

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

no i was meaning to check that the antenna plug is pushed all the way into the card.

can you tell us a bit more about your problem? does your comp not think it is there? can you see it there but will it not see any networks that are clearly there? does it just mess up your comp when it is in your comp?