usb overdrive / logitech dual action controller problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by jbm1x, Jun 17, 2006.

1. jbm1x macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Logitech dual action usb controller, I've been trying for a while to get it to work with Halo for mac. Thanks to other posts on this forum I've discovered USB Overdrive, which is great, I'm just having a little problem with it. In setting up the controls with USB Overdrive, the right analog stick only seems to have two options, up or down. The left one has up down left and right, I can't figure out why I can only set up or down for the right one. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

My primary insight is that this is a waste of time; Halo on Mac (or PC) is far better with mouse+keyboard. In fact the computer version was specifically changed from the console version to be harder in order to make up for the increased precision compared to using a gamepad.

However, if you persist in this madness ;), my secondary insight is that you ought to turn off the gamepad in USB Overdrive entirely, and make sure you have the latest patch for Halo, which has native gamepad support.

--Eric