USB Rechargeable AA Batteries

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by srobert, Sep 20, 2006.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Not sure I'm posting in the right forum but I just have to share this. Now that's smart. ^_^

[​IMG]

Link

Only available in the UK for now.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That's actually interesting. Make it into a thumbdrive and you've got me sold!

1 GB of space and a rechargeable battery?!? AMAZING!

How many more useless USB gadgets will be released?

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

If I understand fully want you mean, why would a USB memory stick need a battery?

However, the USB Batterys that the OP Posted are super cool, and although £12.99 for 2 is rather expensive, for what they are that aint bad at all. *Impressed*

Edit, hmmm, their 360 on the buy it now page seems to have a rather large internal hemorrhage, all red lights? Not good at all!

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I was joking. There's no need to continually make more USB devices such as these.

5. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I think you misunderstood. Warbrain (he who provides no challege to me in fantasy football) thinks that the product could be made "even better" by including a 1GB flash drive. That way you have your batteries and USB drive in one package.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I can't wait until it hits the US. This is one of the best ideas for batteries in ages!

7. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

These could be very handy on the road. My laptop could be used as a battery charger. I wonder how long they would last in a digital camera.

I've put myself on their list so I will know when I can get me some over here.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ahhh, I see. Yes, an All-in-One like that would be amazin! :)

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is a sweet idea. Expecially since I'm seeing more USB ports around. Hopefully, they'll also have them available in C, D, and 9V sizes. Hell, a 6V battery that could charge over USB would be awesome.

Of course, I'm still looking for the Firewire-Ethernet cables, and for Firewire to replace standard Outlets in some places. If only you could charge your computer over USB/Firewire.

TEG

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I can only assume that you're the Iggles since you are the only team I lost to. Yea, you stomped me this week. But I'll get you next time.

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Good point - I guess I never gave my MR name/Team name in that thread. And good luck bringing me down, since I am an unstoppable machine!:D

Back on topic, I won'der if there would be a way to get data from a camera to the batteries (which I guess would be redundant, since the camera needs the batteries), so you could use them as portable storage - at least for those cameras that still take AAs.

12. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Sorry for bringing this old thread to life. Just to let you know that the batteries are now shipping to the US. Still no shipping to Canada :-/

Not sure why but I like these batteries. ^_^

[​IMG]

(4 red lights? They need to plug in their AV cable ^_-)

Edit: I wonder if the USB plugs on the back of the Wii are grouped too close together to plug in a pair of these.