USB to Parallel Cable........Drivers for OS X ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SpaceMusic_Guy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. SpaceMusic_Guy macrumors member

Does anyone out there know where I can get the OS X Drivers/Software for the "Belkin F5U002" USB to Parallel cable ??

I have an Epson Stylus 1520 printer (wide format) that I want to hook up to my new (used, but new to me) Dual 450 G4. I just bought the Belkin cable hoping to find the drivers online........can't find them anywhere. I just read on the "Gimp-Print" site that Belkin discontinued the Mac version (because Apple pulled their rights to distribute the drivers....or something like that) and no longer sells the cables with the Mac drivers and software (which really sucks !!)

I'm also looking for the Epson "USB Adapter kit" but can't get it from Epson's site (says it is "currently unavailable on the Epson store"). Aren't there any retailers that carry this damn thing ?? So far I haven't found any that do (checked Micro Center and Comp USA).

The only other one I can think of that would work for the Mac is the "Keyspan".......tried it already and did not work in OS X (even though it says on the box OS X compatible). It worked in OS 9 just fine but not OS X.......which doesn't do me any good. The Belkin cable I got works in OS 9 as well.....but not in OS X. Unless I can find the Drivers/Software to install for OS X, it is useless to me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated !!

2. macnewbie06 macrumors newbie

I managed to get my Belkin F5U002 cable to work by using usbtb, which I downloaded from sourceforge.net:

usbtb at sourceforge

I used the .dmg file. This sets up a new backend for CUPS, and comes with a script that automatically detects the type of printer that's attached to the cable.