USB wake up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mfacey, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Ever since I hooked up my new Samsung Laser printer to my USB hub my mac has been waking itself up from sleep mode out of itself. I'm pretty sure that the printer is sending signals to the computer to indicate its status. I don't really want to have to unplug my printer or hub every time I close the lid of my pb. Is there a way to stop the computer from waking up with it receives a USB signal?

Hope you guys can help!

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Shut off the printer.

3. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Yeah that would actually solve the problem :rolleyes:

However I don't really want to do that if I don't have to. Its a laser printer which isn't designed to be switched on an off all the time. The power button is also in some inconvenient place!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, did you get this problem when you just had the hub? Have you checked for driver updates? :)

5. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Yeah its definitely the printer. Was all working great until I hooked that up. I have the most recent drivers, which, sadly, are not very good. The software is hugely inefficient. The longer it is open, the more ram it chews up. Its also pretty buggy. But the printer is a very new model so it's all first release software.

So a simple solution would be to set OSX not to wake up due to USB signals. But I'm guessing that's not all that easy to fix huh? :rolleyes: