USB Webcam drivers

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rfenik, Feb 27, 2004.

1. rfenik macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2003
    I just bought a LinXcel webcam off of Ebay. It's a sweet looking camera, matches my PB perfectly. It's got a built in LED light and bends! In my opinion, this looks way cooler than an iSight.

The only problem is, it doesn't work! Tried importing it from Photoshop, iMovie, iPhoto,.... nothing. It says the camera isn't even attached.

Funny thing is - the LED works when i turn it on, so the PB is seeing something.

It came with a driver CD but that's for windows only.

I tried downloaded the driver utility from ioxperts, but it wouldn't work saying my camera isn't supported. I tried Macam and got the same thing.... I downloaded every single driver application I could find, but none seemed to work.

I really want this camera to work but I have no idea where to even start. It's brand new so it's probably not a hardware error... just needs the mac to realize that the camera is there.

Is there any way to emulate the windows driver on my mac without having to install virtual PC? I tried virtual pc and it's terrible... too slow to even use. I don't want to go that route.

Attached Files:

2. cmx08 macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2004
    Canada, GMA

go to and get ichatusbcam. it might work.
  3. sbhoi macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2004

Have the same usb cam
    But need drivers for windows ..
    can anyone help me out
  4. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    Well, the LED lights turn on simply because it has power from being plugged in. If all of the various USB-cam drivers fail to work, then you're just out of luck. (Some USB cams just won't work with OS X, because the controller chip only has closed-source Windows drivers.)